Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cartoon Mash-Ups: VIN-2D2- line art


After the success of Star Wars. It seemed everyone tried to cash in on the whole "space opera" phenomenon. As young kid who loved Star Wars and couldn't wait for the next installment to come out I welcomed all of these cash grab productions. Sure Battlestar Galactica and The Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon reboots could never really stack up to Star Wars in my opinion, but I would rather have a halfway decent sci-fi epic than none at all.

Walt Disney's answer to Star Wars was 1979's The Black Hole. This wasn't my favorite of the post Star Wars sci-fi films of the late 70's and 80's but that didn't stop me from gobbling up a fair share of Black Hole toys. One of my favorites in the Black Hole toy line was a little robot named V.I.N.Cent, which bared an obvious resemblance to R2D2. I was curious what these to somewhat similar robots would look like it they fully integrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment